School Enrollment 2023-2024 Update
f you already applied to Melrose for the 2023-2024 school year through echoices.lausd.net and have been accepted...
Please submit your enrollment documents before May 30th. If you need more time please let our office know. If you are no longer planning on attending Melrose please let us know as soon as possible.
If you applied to Melrose and are on the waiting list...
If and when a space opens up we will immediately call/e-mail the next person on the waiting list. Please note that there will be more spaces available in grades 3-5 than in grades K-2.
If you have not applied and are interested in attending for the 2023-2024...
You should fill out a late application immediately as spaces will be filled in the order that applications are received. Please note that we will have more spaces in grades 3-5 than in grades K-2.
Do you offer school tours for potential incoming parents...
Yes, we offered tours in October and November and April.
We no longer offer in-person tours. However, please view a live pre-recorded coffee with the principal and school tour here.
How to Apply
- Attend a school tour in October/November prior to the application deadline. Tours are not offered at any other time.
- Apply through the LAUSD Choices Website. The application deadline is mid-November for the following school year.
- Most spaces open in kindergarten and fourth grade.
- Late applications are accepted but they are placed at the bottom of our waiting list which is typically over five hundred students.
- See the Magnet School FAQ for answers to additional questions.
- Acceptance letters are sent in mid-March.
- We continue to accept students from the waiting list as spaces open until school begins in mid-August.
How to Enroll
Once you have been accepted through the magnet enrollment process, enrollment can be done almost entirely online.
Please visit this web site to fill out enrollment forms and submit required documentation: LAUSD Enrollment Web Site
The web site will ask you to upload the following documents:
- Proof of Residence (copy of one of the following)
- Utility service contract, bills or payment receipts (Gas, Water, or Electricity)
- Property taxes, rental or lease agreement, current rental receipt with address of property on receipt
- Official government mail (CalWORKS, Social Security, Medi-Cal)
- Current pay stub
- Voter Registration
- Proof of Age of Minor (copy of one of the following)
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Court order
- Health office/vital statistics record of birth certificate date
- Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) letter verifying birthdate and an explanation of how this was verified
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Adult’s government-issued photo identification (Driver’s license or DMV identification card)
- Proof of Immunization
If you are unable to submit your documents electronically please contact our main office by telephone (323) 938-6278 to make an appointment for enrollment processing.
- Stacy Bertuccelli, Magnet Coordinator: (323) 938-6275
- Mathew Needleman, Principal