Common Core Standards Related to Research
Common Core Standards:
- Use Search tools.
- Interpret interactive elements on a web page.
- Draw on information from digital sources.
- Article: What Does Good Teaching Look Like: Research?
- Article: Hoax Web Sites for Teaching About Evaluating Sources
- Google Cheat Sheet: Advanced Search Operators
Research Evaluation Forms (from UCLA Lab School):
- Checklist for Collecting Resources
- Source Evaluation Form
- Research Question and Keyword Selection Form
LAUSD Digital Library
Although students need to be able to effective use search tools and evaluate their own sources, LAUSD also provides pre-vetted premium resources for free to staff members and students with activated e-mail accounts. Continue to Digital Library.